Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Busy, busy day

Today was very busy.  We got home in the wee hours of the morning from out trip south.  I need to be at Bible Study at 10:30 but I went early because I was helping lead the study and some of our ladies come really early.  Today we started week 1 of Stepping Up.  I am very excited I really appreciate Beth Moore and her challenging Bible studies.  Speaking of challenging and encouraging women I also really love the teaching Nancy Leigh DeMoss, she is calling women to be true women for the Lord.

I also had a garden club meeting, it was about orchids.  They are not something I am really considering growing, but I enjoy going and being with these more experienced women.  I enjoy learning things from older wiser women, I do wish I had a mentor.  Anyway, some of the members brought seeds, bulbs, and trees to give away.  I was one of the last people to leave and a lady who have brought many items insisted I take the rest of the seeds and bulbs that were left.  So I am now the proud owner of a perennial type of leek, it sounds just like the walking onions in the way it reproduces ensure you will always have food.  I am excited and want to do some more research on them and get them planted.

Then we also have AWANA tonight.

No comments: