Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

My Stubborn Heart
by Becky Wade

My Stubborn Heart is about a single woman, Kate, who has had a couple of serious relationships, only finding out they were not the ones God had planned for her.  Kate goes to spend some time with her grandmother renovating a family property.  The man her grandmother has hired for the remodeling is a man who is deeply wounded and private, Kate is determined to help melt some of his heart of stone.

I enjoyed this book.  I am not much of a romance novel person and parts of it made me a little uneasy, but it is a good read.  I am sure for someone who is a lover of romance it would be more enjoyable.  I continued to read because the book has a great story that was also revolving around some other fun characters besides Kate and the hurting hero.  I also enjoyed how the story took some unexpected turns and was not just a love story that was happily ever after the moment the two main characters met.  I didn't enjoy a couple instances of inappropriate language, these were not the big bad curse words, but words I don't want to hear around my home.  And I certainly wouldn't look to this novel as a way to find a Godly husband, or for young girls to get that idea that the guy they have the "hots" for will become a Christian.

I was provided a free copy of this book for the purposes of review, the opinions expressed are my own.    

No comments: